cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid contract downgrade

Cupcake
Joining in

Hi, due to a domestic split, is it possible to downgrade mid contract so the person staying in the property can afford to maintain some sort of service, on a lower package? Will Virgin listen and help due to the circumstances? 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Strictly speaking, the account holder is most likely liable for the remaining minimum term and I suspect VM could hold them to it.

That said, explaining your circumstances to retentions (given that's the most likely way to get a UK agent, and which is likely to know the discounting system better than most) sooner rather than later, is the way to go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cupcake, thank you for your post.

We can see it's been noted that you spoke to an agent around the same time you posted yesterday. Have you received clarification on the situation?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support @japitts 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Been told there’s nothing they can do to reduce the package and the monthly cost. Seems unfair that the company won’t budge when circumstances significantly change for someone, leaving them really struggling alone with the high cost. It’s not like they even want to cancel, happy to stay for many more years if the cost/package can be cut

Thanks for the reply @Cupcake on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

You would not be able to terminate or reduce the services on the account unfortunately as the contract was taken out with the account holder.
However, you may be able to negotiate a new package which may be cheaper with our team depending on what deals are available.

Alternatively you may wish to speak our collections team who can assist with financial queries and help with a payment support plan.
Reach out to them on 0345 454 1111. 🧾

Let us know how it goes. 🙂

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs