cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat

GingerGods01
Tuning in

When will live chat be working on the main site? Clicking it does nothing.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/low-income-families#livechat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi GingerGods01, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

It's not something we use to reflect blame, it's a valid resolve step and something that does in fact resolve most queries. 

The link is working as I've just clicked and it loaded right away. I've provided a screenshot of how it looks when it loads. As mentioned above, it does cause a pop up so make sure these are not blocked as this would prevent the chat box from popping up. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GingerGods01 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Live Chat is only available during periods of availability so there will be times you will not be able to get through to them sadly. 

What is it that you're looking to discuss please, if you need help kindly post it here and we will do our best to assist you 😊

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi,

It been the whole day it not working, surely it should be working 9 to 5 at a minimum? I phoned in but they couldnt do a thing and told me i had to use live chat to see about essentail broadband as it couldnt be done any other way.....and the live chat isnt working. Seems a wonderful system.

Hi GingerGods01, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

If there are already too many people then they would close the chat function to allow them to work on the queries they've received. 

Please make sure you've cleared your cache, cookies and browsing history and have allowed pop ups as the chat will be a pop up box. This will ensure your device is capable of loading the chat box. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi, its not a cache issue and thats always used to shift the blame from the company to the customer and its a real annoyance. Its the same on various devices, with multiple browsers that didnt import anything so are fresh installs. I also notice from an internet search that there has been lot of this issue in the past of the chat button not functioning.

If, as you say, its likely just theyre too busy...is it unreasonable to have them make this clear to the customer being in no mans land?? How about replace the wording on the live chat button to 'closed'? What are customers supposed to do with absolutely zero recourse at ALL - as this can only be done via the live chat.

Again this morning, button not working, abysmal.

Edit: I should mentioned that when I was on the phone yesterday to VM (who couldnt help as they confirmed it could only be done via live chat) that he TOO said the button wasnt working, and thats from HIS pc, so should he clear his cookies or should VM fix thier issue?

Hi GingerGods01, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

It's not something we use to reflect blame, it's a valid resolve step and something that does in fact resolve most queries. 

The link is working as I've just clicked and it loaded right away. I've provided a screenshot of how it looks when it loads. As mentioned above, it does cause a pop up so make sure these are not blocked as this would prevent the chat box from popping up. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

..." it does cause a pop up so make sure these are not blocked as this would prevent the chat box from popping up" Bingo!

Thanks

Live chat was working when I tried a couple of days ago but after 1.5 hours I lost the will to live.

Posted in here on Sunday. Hoping for some help but nothing yet

The issue for me was the pop up chat was being blocked, make sure any adblock is off for the site. Goodluck

Did you get the bot to work before being put through to a real person with the adblocker on?