cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel package upgrade?

mikedb
Joining in

Hi,

I upgraded my package on Thursday evening on the virgin media website but I've since decided it was a mistake and i don't want the upgrades anymore.

I couldn't get through to anyone on the phone so i tried the online chat.

The person i chatted to told me the upgrade wasn't showing on my account yet so they couldn't cancel it. They then tried to offer me a better price for the package i ordered but instead came back with a higher price and they said I'd have to remove things to get a cheaper deal.

Does it usually take a while for the order to show? I don't want Virgin media to start sending new equipment to my house if i cancel it before then.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Interesting one. You have the usual 14 day cooling off period here. On the flip side VM seem to be having widespread issues processing agreed Black Friday upgrades for existing customers with VM forum staff and forum VIPs suggesting allowing 2-4 weeks for them to be processed.

You can see the quandary.

Have you got a full set of screenshots of the chat session? If not either give your cooling off period again via chat or WhatsApp ensuring every bit is saved and being clear that it is only your Black Friday upgrade that you are cancelling, not your legacy contract.

Ignore protestations that there is no record of the agreement and assume you will be billed as per the agreement. 

And, yes, VM is an absolute shambles and getting worse by the day. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Interesting one. You have the usual 14 day cooling off period here. On the flip side VM seem to be having widespread issues processing agreed Black Friday upgrades for existing customers with VM forum staff and forum VIPs suggesting allowing 2-4 weeks for them to be processed.

You can see the quandary.

Have you got a full set of screenshots of the chat session? If not either give your cooling off period again via chat or WhatsApp ensuring every bit is saved and being clear that it is only your Black Friday upgrade that you are cancelling, not your legacy contract.

Ignore protestations that there is no record of the agreement and assume you will be billed as per the agreement. 

And, yes, VM is an absolute shambles and getting worse by the day. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

mikedb
Joining in

Thanks.

I'll try to talk to someone again this week and make sure i screenshot the chat.

I didn't know about all the issues with VM lately. Really frustrating.

Hi mikedb,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry for any issues you've had in speaking with the team. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks like you were able to speak with the team regarding this. 

Do you need any further assistance?

^Martin

Hi,

Yes, i spoke to someone via the online chat and they told me they couldn't see the the upgrades i had made on my account so they couldn't do anything about it.

I want to cancel the changes i made on the 16th of November before my cooling off period is up but as yet it isn't showing on my account.

The order reference from the confirmation email is CH2054588556.

Hi,

Yes, i was able to speak to someone via the online chat but they couldn't see the changes i made to my package on my account so they couldn't do anything about it.

I just want to cancel the upgrades i made on the 16th of November before my cooling off period expires but i don't know if the changes i made have gone or will go through even though i received a confirmation email.

The order reference from the email is CH2054588556

mikedb
Joining in

Hi,

Yes, i was able to speak to someone via the online chat but they couldn't see the changes i made to my package on my account so they couldn't do anything about it.

I just want to cancel the upgrades i made on the 16th of November before my cooling off period expires but i don't know if the changes i made have gone or will go through even though i received a confirmation email.

The order reference from the email is CH2054588556