cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much should it cost?

Data
On our wavelength

Hi, I rang retentions because my contract was about to expire and asked for a deal. I was told I should be paying £63 without any discount. The gentleman on the line managed to knock it down after some time and tries.

Now, at this time last year I was on 100 meg and the phone. After the April rise of 2023, and calling virgin I accepted a new price, then got an offer of a free upgrade to 200 meg on top because of a lot of devices using the connection. VM later boosted that, then because of the O2 free bolt on, I got another free tier upgrade giving me 350.

What I'm asking is, for 100 meg and phone, which is what I pay for and the rest free, should it be £63 a month?

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

Cardiffman282
Super solver

There was an upgrade from 100 to 125 as opposed to 200 Mbps for all M100 customers. I don't know where your upgrade to 200 Mbps came from but it sounds chargeable to me. The Volt upgrade would then take you to 350 Mbps. I suggest calling in with a view to downgrading to Volt 250 ( and review whether you still need a landline).

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add, in reviewing whether you need a landline - bear in mind that VM operate a multibuy bundle discounting basis. That is, additional services attract discounts which bring the per-unit cost down. In the case of landline telephony, this is often more than the cost of the service - end result being, a "with phone" bundle can often be cheaper than a "without phone".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Data thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I can take a look at your account, so I can offer you some clarification regarding to your own price.  To do so, I need to send you a private message, to confirm some details. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Cardiffman282

The 200 came after the new price was agreed. I was asked about the number of devices, told how many and the offer was made.

I did call back asecond time to ask about a tier drop, but the operator said the price wouldn't really change. The dropped tier price was well in excess of what the previous call had already arranged.

Data
On our wavelength

Everything i've seen tells me it is not worth dumping the phone part for the reason you state Japitts.

Data
On our wavelength

I've just noticed this in an email.:

Your new package now includes:
Phone: Weekend chatter
We've removed:
Phone: Talk Weekends

Don't need either since it doesn't get used much any more.

Hi u can see offers online on ur account as i found they are better than the chat team can offer currently 

Data
On our wavelength

Checked that already Hosay. I went around in circles with my postcode etc.

I was talking about in ur account not where u look as in for the customer page

i show u want i mean

u do not need to enter ur postcode