cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Cancel Virgin Media

PieJesu
Tuning in

Hello to everyone.

Any tips or tricks on how to cancel Virgin Media ?

After being with them since they started as Southwestern Bell, I

have finally decided that I am tired of struggling with rising prices and

reduced customer service.

I understand it can be a difficult process to leave, so any help would be appreciated.

Take care and many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

unisoft
Well-informed

Write to:

Virgin Media,

Sunderland

SR43 4AA.

Send recorded delivery.

Make sure you include your account number, home address, full name and contact number in the letter.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

unisoft
Well-informed

Write to:

Virgin Media,

Sunderland

SR43 4AA.

Send recorded delivery.

Make sure you include your account number, home address, full name and contact number in the letter.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Screenshot below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

cancel.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I had already found that page but after reading others bad experiences, I thought I would the question 😀 

Notice periods seem to be a problem for many people....

Just an update.

I cancelled Virgin Media to finish on 16 May 2024.

Virgin Media have now billed me in full from 17 May until 16 June.

This is why I asked for any tips when leaving Virgin Media.

What happens if you don't have a contract number?

Hi @PieJesu,

Once your services have been disconnected, our system will tot up any bills and credits that are left over, and give you a final bill. This is produced up to 30 days after your disconnection, which gives time for any changes you’ve made since your last bill to show on your account.

If it turns out you’ve got some credit on your account, we’ll pop that amount on a cheque and send it to you in the post.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you your reply.

I have already been billed for a full month at full price past the disconnection date.

Why must a pay anything for the period following disconnection ?

After being a customer for such a long time, I expected better of Virgin Media.

The person I dealt with told me I had been a customer for thirty-one years then didn't even apologise for "bad service" being the reason for leaving.  I had to insist on everything being put in writing but just received a sketchy email instead.

Perhaps if Virgin Media treated people properly, they may find customers more willing to return if things don't work out.......

Hi PieJesu,

You're charged for the month ahead, and the bills will continue to be produced up until the point of disconnection. 

When you receive your final bill, any advance charges would be refunded onto it. 

Alex_Rm

This makes for interesting reading if anybody else has problems leaving Virgin Media.

Ofcom investigates Virgin Media over customer difficulties cancelling contracts - Ofcom