cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent account has been set up in my name

gtg23
Joining in

Hi

I can see a virgin media account that has been setup in my name and defaulted payment.

This is currently showing on my credit file and I need help removing it and fixing this issue.

I have been on the phone all morning trying to get customer services to help. I did get though to someone who kept asking for the same details but didnt give me much confidence in this even being reported.
Can someone please contact me regarding this.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey gtg23,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with an account setup in your name. 

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey gtg23,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with an account setup in your name. 

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi

I have replied in a private message. 

I have been notified by my credit report that an account has been set up in my name and is in arrears. This is at a property I lived at over 10 years ago. I do not live at the property and this isn’t at my account. I need the account closed and this mark removed from my credit report. I’ve contacted virgin twice today. The first time for advice, they told me to report to action fraud and police. I have a crime reference number and action fraud told me to call virgin back and ask that this is escalated account is put on hold and they investigate how this has happened, that the account is closed. I spoke with two members of virgin staff, the second a team leader who told me there was nothing she could do as I can’t pass the security questions, I don’t know the account number. Of course I don’t know the account number or email address associated with the account as i didn’t set the account up. I only gave the details on my credit report. 

im at a loss at how to get this resolved and the account closed. I’m concerned it’s in arrears and appearing in my credit file as I’m about to apply for a mortgage. 

I’ve contacted equifax, and raised a case. Any ideas how else I may be able to get this resolved 

Hi did you get this resolved as I am having the exact same problem and virgin unwilling to help?!

Hi @DRutter thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We will need to investigate this for you and raise to the Fraud Team - please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Have you sent me a message as this hasn’t arrived?