cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud in its finest

TashAngryCustom
Just joined

I spend from 14:30pm til 18:22 on the 19/08/24 trying to find out why I am being over charged for package upgrade I have not asked for or received, I have had my account suspended due to failed payment despite paying the £50:50p I was initially charged on the 16/08/24 I have been on this contract since December 23 and only today have I received a copy of my bill via email including my account number and area code. usually I have to wait to be cut off and receive a text message before I can pay on a dodgy automated payment line,the text asked for the telephone number they have contacted me on to proceed instead of my home telephone number that i am also unaware of,when I call the line my mobile flags it up as spam call and it asks me to proceed with the payment . Within 10 mins as promised services are resumed only to be cut off withing 10 days demanding more payments today I managed to speak to a very rude manager who claimed I had added and removed certain things from my package leaving me in credit of £102 but owing £160 (confused) and had not paid my bill since April 24 as I was on the phone the bill jumped from me owing £42 extra to £122 to a further £282 whilst my email I received today claims I'm in credit of £102 and have added £160 to my existing package when I explained I have paid the £50:50p requested I was informed the payment could be seen but I hadn't paid since July Also £7:50 late fees have been added each time upon speaking to the bank all payments have been met bar one in May they couldn't see (paid of my partners card ) and always the same amount £50:50p when explaining this to the manager she was very disconcerned and extremely rude challenging me and refusing to check my authorisation codes I cleverly noted down after each payment the phone call ended with me threatening ombudsman and her threatening me with cancellation fees and when I refused to pay it, she became very unprofessional saying it will be me with the bailiffs at my door ... my name on the account isn't even my correct name (error made by virgin) and when I quoted this the manager was willing to change this error as the contract would be null and void I obviously declined due to all the conflab to which she accused ME of commiting fraud, can anyone help me with this situation I am extremely reluctant to pay anything else, the staff all seem argumentative and never willing to help I have been with virgin media for nearly 9 years and I have never had an experience like it I'm very disappointed and will be canceling without cancellation fees also escalating this to the ombudsman as well as disputing fraud on every payment I have made since December 23 with my bank account 

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

The craft of simple writing begins with learning how to write short sentences. Getting a complete idea across in fewer words allows you to be succinct and direct, and it improves the readability of your posts. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TashAngryCustom, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Community Forums 🙂

I understand this is an issue around your bills and how they've seemed to have become out of control whilst you've continuously paid £50.50 each month. 

Can I ask if you have access to your MyVM E-Billing please? If there was any kind of increase or added charges, you would have been able to see them on here. 

If you don't have access to E-Billing, we would have sent you paper invoices too. 

I mention this because there are annual price increases that sometimes crop up and/or PPV/usage charges that are added to the bill. If you haven't kept up to date with your invoices before paying the £50.50 one off payments each month, then your partially unpaid bills may have rolled over onto the next month in a continual cycle, building up over time.

This is why we always recommend keeping up to date with your bills via the tools we've created.

I'll send you a PM now so we can take a closer look into what's happened and get it sorted.

Speak soon.

Meg