cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FALSE INFORMATION RUINED CREDIT SCORE

Matt_000
Joining in

I phoned Virgin in 2022 to cancel my account and was informed of an amount left to pay before being able to cancel. Following this I made the payment to clear the balance, after which I called again and went ahead with the cancellation. In the last call I was informed that the account had been closed and there was nothing left to pay.

The account wasn't correctly closed and I've since received phone calls from collections agencies about an amount still owing to Virgin. This has ruined my credit score so any advice is welcome!

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Contact info here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/FALSE-INFORMATION-RUINED-OUR-CREDIT...

VM has plenty of form for this. It is a regular topic of complaint on here.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Matt_000 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and the negative impact it's had on your credit score 😔

In order to get this looked into for you, we'd suggest sending an e-mail to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk.

In the e-mail, you'll need to include your full name, account number, contact number, account address, the company that you use to view your credit file, and any specific details related to the credit file enquiry.

Regards,
Daniel