cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explore your renewal deal online - be careful; services removed incorrectly and the contract not honoured

JonHa
Tuning in

Please be aware of renewing your contract online

On the 18th June, we lost internet connection for a day at our home. While attempting to reset the router and investigate online, I was offered the chance to "explore your renewal deal". This deal included all of my current services including add ons, and I received the Virgin Media Contract Summary Sheet with the price I had been offered online.

As soon as I agreed to this, two add ons as listed on the contract summary were stopped and I could not access the channels/ app (Sky Sports UHD and Netflix) as well Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD, listed as a main service.

Since then, I spent 4 hours trying to get this right through online chats, two phone calls - all of the people said I had to wait a different time depending on who I was talking to (24 - 72 hours). I rang retentions last night (another 40 minutes) and my channels and the app were finally restored and told a discount would be applied to my account to match the price the Contract Summary Sheet stated when I explored my renewal deal. I thought this was finally sorted! I asked about compensation for the 4 days without my services that were stopped when I renewed Sky Sports UHD, Netflix and Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD and was told I would have to wait/contact someone else as I had laid a complaint.

While I was on the phone, I received an email stating Virgin Media had tried to contact me (not true as I was on the phone to them and had no missed calls!) saying my complaint was now dealt with. I scanned the qr code and was taken to a Whatsapp chat where I had to put all of my information in again and try to explain the situation again (what was the point of writing up my complaint)- seeking compensation for a loss of service. Another two hours gone and whoever I was dealing with didn't even understand what I was asking for. Total waste of time.

To top it all off, I have just received a "Thanks for making those changes email" which is now charging me more per month than I was paying out of contract, no sign of the discount that I was told would be applied to the account to match the renewal deal last night and in fact charging me more this month for services I didn't even have access to for four days!

This has wasted so much of my time, I have lost services which I am now being charged more for now, and the contract I had agreed to and have in writing is not being honoured.

Please be careful if you go to explore your renewal deal online!

I will be exploring other service providers as loyalty is not rewarded and the communication and customer support is so poor - with only one person at retentions actually restarting my lost services finally, and saying my contract would be honoured before receiving an email which does not match the contract I received or what this person said over the phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I could set out the complaints escalation process etc but actually it's just not worth wasting any more time on VM is it? Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong (connection reliability, false marketing, long queues, lies, poor comms, mismanaged complaint, inconsistent billing, wasted time, stress). This has become the norm. Just cancel (14 day cooling off period applies) and switch to a provider that has a clue what it is doing. Links are below. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I could set out the complaints escalation process etc but actually it's just not worth wasting any more time on VM is it? Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong (connection reliability, false marketing, long queues, lies, poor comms, mismanaged complaint, inconsistent billing, wasted time, stress). This has become the norm. Just cancel (14 day cooling off period applies) and switch to a provider that has a clue what it is doing. Links are below. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JonHa 

Sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with contract changes. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to do our best to help. We have sent you a private message in order to best look into this. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

scash5
Tuning in

I had similar. Netflix offered in the contract summary sheet but not supplied in the contract. No UK call centre so they don't care overseas