cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer did not show up

Joshu1
Joining in

So, to sum up my experience, I ordered a VM wifi package on 11th September. I received my contract summary documents and was given the date of 25th September (today) that an engineer will install the WIFI between 1-6pm. 

I've waited all day, for no engineer to show up by 6, after calling up, I've been told they cannot find an account linked to my address, and was transferred back to Sales. 

Sales then say to me that it looks like my order was never received by their system. All that was really said is 'sometimes this happens'. I'm confused how I can be sent contract documents and an engineer time slot, so I am left thinking everything is set-up, to now be told it did not get processed on their system and I now need to wait until the 9th October for the WIFI to be fitted. 

This is now an extra 2 weeks I am going to be left with no wifi, is there any way i can get any sort of compensation for this? 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yes, see

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Keep detailed records of all VM's blundering (there may be more to come) to make sure you are paid what you are owed under the scheme.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Joshu1 👋 Welcome to the community forum! Thanks for posting!

So sorry to hear about your recent experience trying to join our services. We appreciate this must be frustrating!

Sadly we are a bit limited with what support we can offer for new sales via this platform, but it does sound like you spoke to the team and got this element of your issues sorted.

However, we can ensure that a complaint is raised so we have a record of your feedback and can discuss anything you'd be looking for as a resolution. We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly