cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default and unsure why

LisaA23
Tuning in

Hi everyone,

I left an abusive marriage and left my previous address quickly back in 2021.  I cancelled the service and handed the equipment back before I left.  I was told there were no outstanding payments.  I checked this as I would have no access to the address and was not able to leave a forwarding address.  

I have recently discovered a default for non payment - it is around £100.  I don’t know why this payment was outstanding.  

How can I get this payment queried and my credit file updated - I would never have left an unpaid bill, and was told nothing was outstanding. 

I would be grateful for any help. 

5 REPLIES 5

LisaA23
Tuning in

Hi all I am looking for some advice. 

I cancelled my sim only contract (I was out of the minimum term) as I could not get a cheaper deal and was too expensive to continue.  I cancelled over the phone.

I have a default for non payment (£57) on my credit file.  These are payments for the 2 months after I ended the contract - so would not have been payments I needed to make.  There was no cancellation period and the services ended to my sim. 

I have had very difficult personal circumstances and the discovery of this has been extremely upsetting in a time I am trying to get my personal life in order.  

Any advice?

I am also going to add a post in the tv service forum for the same issue ☹️😢

Hi @LisaA23 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of this dispute. The TV side I will send you a PM for. Was the mobile SIM only from O2? If so, you'd need to contact O2 regarding this - https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

it was a virgin sim only - not o2.  I got it when I set up my TV and broadband.  

I will look out for your PM 

LisaA23
Tuning in

I am fighting this currently.  Ended mobile contract, gave notice but they apparently have no record of this cancellation (even though the sim stopped working as expected) and they say the onus is on me to prove I called and cancelled.  So angry.  £57 I don’t owe and a default. 

Hi LisaA23 👋 Welcome back to the community forum

Sorry to hear this feedback about your situation, and that you are needing support to get this resolved. 

It looks like you also posted about this in another thread 👉 here and that one of my colleagues is now offering further support via PM. Hopefully they help get things resolved for you 🤞

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 

Molly