cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadlock letter

offkeysteve
Tuning in

Hi,

I have been attempting to conclude a disputed outstanding charge that Virgin Media have passed onto debt collectors, despite having previously admitted that it was made in error.

I would now like to request a deadlock letter, can anybody advise the quickest and most efficient way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've gone through the Ombudsman process with a few other companies, and in every case, a deadlock letter has been automatically issued by the complaints people as a matter of course.

If VM aren't doing that, then you can escalate to ADR after 8 weeks from the initial complaint without needing one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @offkeysteve 

Welcome to the community forums 

So sorry to hear of your concerns regarding an outstanding debt. 

A deadlock letter is something that is request once we have discussed our findings, investigated any evidence and provided a final resolution that has not been agreed on a raised complaint. 

I have already spoken with a team that has been through and discussed this with you already and are requesting a deadlock letter after a final resolution has been provided? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thanks for your reply.

I have spoken to the customer service numerous times who had confirmed that the debt had been cleared however they have now reissued it via the debt collecting agency. As a result I have run out of patience and would like to request a deadlock letter, please advise on next steps.

Best,

Steve

Hi @offkeysteve, no problem at all. Thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel