cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 error login to my account

RayKing
Joining in

Hi I'm trying to log in but it doesn't recognise my details, even when I try 'forgot email' or 'forgot password'. I tried to sign up in case the one I set up over the phone didn't work and I get this error.

I can not get past the secruity questions page!

ive been able to try alternative browsers, clearing the cache on every browser! still no success.
I really need to disable WebSafe and I cant even access it! doing my head in.
I can login into the virgin app on my phone which is weird. but i cant change that setting in there!
HELP!

Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

IMG_0820.jpeg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @RayKing 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with your My Virgin Media account. Can I just ask have you been a customer with us before, and if so did you use this email to register?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @RayKing 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with your My Virgin Media account. Can I just ask have you been a customer with us before, and if so did you use this email to register?

Yes i used this email to register!

This is my first time signing up

Thank you @RayKing and I understand. I would be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

ij66
Tuning in

Hello @RayKing

I'm struggling with the same issue. Did you receive a resolution to this error? As there are a LOT of people with this error code, could you give me an indication of the timeline for resolution of the problem?

Mally4
Settling in

New user and I'm having same problem. Can't get past the security set up page. I've cleared cache and cookies but just get the same message as above - Try again later. Error DEF01.

Hi @Mally4 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are also having this issue.

I would love to help you further so will pop you a PM 📩 now and we can take it from there.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs