cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer disaster

Gillyhorner71
Tuning in

From the moment my contract was taken out, this company has been an absolute shambles.   15 Months of a living hell that never ends.  One department hasn't a clue how to communicate with another and each department has a qualification in time wastage.

I could tell the whole story but it wouldn't even cover the complete nightmare.

Virgin didn't transfer my contract with BT correctly, incurring charges of £70

I have been overcharged 5 times, received acknowledgement from Virgin of this.. then overcharged again.. owed £79.95.

I cancelled my account on 15th May and received confirmation that it was closed and I owed nothing.. it wasn't cancelled and I am now being chased by VM debt collection rubbish .. and my credit file has been affected.  

I wrote and attached all the correspondence and proof.. received confirmation again that account is closed.. however its not.

I can't speak to a person who wants to help, or has the ability to.

The mantra is "waste their time and they will go away".

So far , an in order to resolve this living hell, I have made 33 phone calls spanning 7 hours.

Spent 140 hours on WhatApp 

Sent 3 recorded delivery letters.

Emailed twice 

Still the contract hasnt been cancelled. 

I'm currently posting all the documentation on twitter for others to see and my solicitor says that the only way to get this resolved is to proceed with a personal injury claim for emotional distress. 

Can anyone suggest a way to resolve this issue?

7 REPLIES 7

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @Gillyhorner71, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of poor customer experience you've had with Virgin Media over an extended period of time.

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you, to see if this can be resolved for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

That is quite an achievement by VM but no real surprise. Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Thanks for that, I've just emailed then a dosier so I will wait and see what they say.  

Jimc80
Tuning in

It amazes me that there is so many other stories on here that are similar to mine. My experience is so bad that I thought it might be one of a select few…..

I’m sure virgin media used to always be pretty good to deal with throughout the years but the service just seems to have fallen off a cliff the last few years.

I firmly believe that my situation will only be resolved now by Ofcom, ombudsman and then potentially legal action.

Absolute madness!

I have let offcom know as I think they have their own investigation. 

As for the Ombudsman? They found in my favour and Virgin ignored them and carried on.

Since I posted on this thread? The VM rep promised to call me back once he had spoken to his manager.. he didnt.

Meg on twitter privately messaged me asking for my complaint and promised to ring me back... she didn't.

There is not one person there capable of sorting out a problem... the company is a shambles

Stories of a shambolic business operation are the norm on here, unfortunately.

If the ombudsman judgement has not been implmented then I think you initially would refer back to the ombudsman to follow up with VM.

Beyond that you would probably be looking at a small claims court route for reimbursement (as you now have an arbitration decision).

Have you made some enquiries with Citizens Advice on how to go forward? They should be clued up on the fine detail of the consumer law on this?

Elizabeth-2023
On our wavelength

Virgin. Customer support and their billing are crap, no one knows what they are doing, makes sense to join O2 as they have the same problems good luck you will need it