cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report dipute

Karina2
Joining in

I was a former customer of Virgin Media at [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]  It was a rude shock  and a great disappointment to have discovered that Virgin Media filed a negative report against my credit score without my knowledge or notification. I have never for once defaulted on my monthly payment to Virgin Media whilst I was with them for 17 years (which is in your record) I had always been a faithful customer who have never missed monthly payments with Virgin Media.

And after I have tried to contact them to cancel my account due to changes in my circumstances, I found it impossible to reach a dedicated person. I have spent 4 hours on the phone, Whatsapp, online chat, I’ve been switched between several agents. They took my number to call me back in case the line drops, which happened after 4 hours of my attempt, and no one never called me back.

With one year old kid beside me, I don’t have that much time to spend on the phone to simply end an agreement. Therefore, I made Virgin Media to end it from their side, which was unpleasant to me, however I couldn’t see any other option.

Today, it was a rude shock to me to have received a message from my mortgage advisor that my credit record is ruined by Virgin Media.

On 24 May I paid the final bill £113.30, and the evidence of payment is attached to this email for your verification.

I urgently need this matter to be escalated as I have an offer accepted on a property and need to submit a mortgage application ASAP, early next week at the latest.

This means that I need Virgin to issue an expedited redaction of the missed charge to Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. This process needs to be started immediately as it is Virgin's fault entirely and my property purchase will suffer if this is not fixed immediately.

Please escalate this by the end of the week and make sure that the credit marker is adjusted through the fast (1-2 day) vs slow (3-5 week) process.

Thanks for any help from staff reading the forum.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Re VM process and timescales see here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Credit-File-Amendment/m-p/5244673

I can quite believe your horrendous cancellation experience Karina https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's not really any such thing as a "credit score" outside certain CRA's marketing departments, but if you can identify an entry on your statutory credit file that you believe is incorrect, there is a process for that.

Collate your evidence as to why you believe the entry is invalid, and email that to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

They should investigate on a 21day basis and instigate any corrections they deem necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Karina2,

Welcome to Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about the issues with this, as this has now been passed through to the Credit file team, their SLA is 21 days and this is not something we are able to expedite as the team work to this time limit, we do apologise that this is affecting your Mortgage application, but the team will be reviewing this through for you.

Joe