cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact extended after moving home

Rjc98
Tuning in

Hi,

After conducting some research, I've noticed that my contract was extended for another 18 months after moving house in July. During this time, I had been a customer for 12 months and made no changes to my TV package or broadband between moves. I simply unplugged from the old home, notified VM of the move, and continued at my new property.

I joined VM on a welcome offer, which initially seemed like great value, but I later learned that the price doubles after this period which seems extortionate. Excluding the welcome offer, the service seems quite expensive, especially considering the issues I've faced in recent months such as my internet dropping out during important work calls that could have caused serious problems. Additionally, it seems that higher-rate services are offered to new customers at prices that loyal customers should have access to first.

How can I go about resolving this? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Rjc98,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, with this when you Move hours, if you go about changing your package during the move, this would start a new contract and a new 18 month period for you, however if nothing changed It should remain the same end of contract time, can you confirm for us if anything did change when you moved house?

Joe

Hi Joe, 

no since moving we did not change our package, the only change this was the account the direct debit came out of. I obviously had complained about issues and received a little discount, does that change contract length?

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Rjc98,

Changing the direct debit should not have caused an issue with the contract, however if there was a discount applied that wasn't a one of credit it could, however with this, what I would like to do is go about looking into this further with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you via private message.

Joe

bryonc
Joining in

Same thing happened to me, we moved end of last year. I remember the chat operator telling me nothing changes, just the address.