cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concern about sales calls today

ABrowne
Dialled in

I don't know whether the forum team would be able to do anything about this request, but if Virgin Media have recordings of two calls that were made to my mobile today from 0800 052 9406, please could they review them? The calls were made at 12:02pm and 16:14pm. I did not take the offer that was made in these calls, so I am not materially affected, but I am concerned about them. The reason for my concern and why I did not take the offer should be apparent from the calls, but I can clarify if needed. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

You can obtain the recordings yourself (if genuine). The link is below. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hi @ABrowne 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues with calls from our team. We want to assure this is not the level of service we look to provide and we want to do our best to help. As mentioned by @Cardiffman282 You can raise a DSAR here Can you give us a brief summary of what happened so we can best understand and help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply Akua_A.

Briefly, in the first call I was made an offer of an 18 month contract, which the salesperson, as I understood it, described to me as a "fixed price" contract - i.e. no price rises during the 18 month term. I was wary of this claim, and I did query it, and I said that I wouldn't agree to such a contract unless I could see the documents first and satisfy myself that it really was a fixed price contract as he seemed to be describing it. The salesperson emailed me the documents and said he would call back later after I'd had a chance to look at them. I did look at them and they contained the usual wording about price rises each April of RPI plus 3.9%. So they weren't for a fixed price contract. When the salesperson called back I said that I wouldn't accept the offer because it wasn't a fixed price contract. He then started describing it as a "fixed discount" contract instead. My concern is that this felt very much like an attempt at misselling, and that a customer who wasn't as wary as I was might get taken in by it. So I would like Virgin Media to review the calls to ascertain whether my understanding of what was going on was correct, as I assume if it was they would want to put a stop to it. Thanks.   

We apologise for this experience. New packages are generally subject to an annual price rise as seen here Generally we would offer a package price that should remain the same unless there is an annual price rise. To investigate this, we have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs