cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed package and nothing but hassle since

CharleneM82
Joining in

I upgrades my account 15th February after receiving paperwork I noticed wrong amount. Called back again and then got put through to customer retention. Girl was great matched what was verbally agreed on the phone advising a discount would be put on my accountto bring it down to proce agreed. Called back again cause some TV channels wasn't the same as before only thing that was changing was the upgrade of BB to 350mb guy turned on the channels.  Then logged on to view my bill which inwas shocked at

Called last Saturday morning 16th spoke to someone who had no idea what I was talking about so again asked to speak to retentions.  Spoke to a English ( Georgia accent) was great told me he would call me back this week and it would be sorted. He advised discount would be applied to the agreed amount. The bill was meant to be 82.00 per month and its 214 this month. DD set up so they would take 84.50 as this was the package I previously had. Which they took but the last months bill was meant to be 106. I am really frustrated I have called again yesterday with no help what so ever. Would appreciate a call from the customer retentions teams so have this resolved once and for all. Been a virginnmedia customer for over 20 years and this service is appalling.  

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

They will keep you waiting until your 14 days free cancellation period is passed.

What you must do is to call them again today and say you are definitely cancelling this contract. They must offer you a new contract under the terms you originally agreed. 

Any more discussion will just drag you over the cancellation period and you will be stuck.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CharleneM82

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience when trying to sort out a new package with us, that does sound frustrating.

I've popped over a PM so I can take your details and look into this with you.

Beth