cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling virgin contract

Miss_Frustrated
Joining in

I am moving to another broadband provider and want to ask what paperwork do virginmedia send out to confirm you are cancelling your contract.

Yesterday, I went onto online chat with Marvin.  I had previously spoken to John from the loyalty team and he had put in a disconnection date of 15th Feb for me.  I asked Marvin to update my virgin broadband and phone to be disconnected on 16th Feb since that is the date when my services with new provider will be activated and I still needed phone and broadband on 15 Feb. Marvin told me that he had updated the date to 16 Feb and before I could respond, I was then cutoff from online chat.  I did go back onto online chat but I was left hanging for over 20 minutes when I was told that the wait time was only 7 minutes and I could not wait any longer.  Today I have received an email from virginmedia with a service change receipt dated yesterday which also had on a monthly service charge. I thought this rather odd.  Shouldn't virginmedia send me an email confirming my disconnection date rather than just saying there is an update to my contract.  I would be grateful if anyone can tell me what happens when you cancel your contract with virginmedia and please can John or Marvin also reply to this message.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zombiebait
On our wavelength

I recently found that if you are transferring your phone number, VM leave the line 'open' an extra month beyond the disconnection date for your new provider to port the phone number across successfully.  The confusing emailed service change updates were never actually billed.  I agree that contacting VM is a time sink whichever channel, but I'd double check if you're worried.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

'John' and 'Marvin' won't have access to this community forum.

Zombiebait
On our wavelength

I recently found that if you are transferring your phone number, VM leave the line 'open' an extra month beyond the disconnection date for your new provider to port the phone number across successfully.  The confusing emailed service change updates were never actually billed.  I agree that contacting VM is a time sink whichever channel, but I'd double check if you're worried.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Miss_Frustrated,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're sorry to hear that you're looking to cancel and disconnect your services with us. We wouldn't send out a confirmation of a cancellation request by default I'm afraid. However, if you'd like for us to take a closer look at things for you for your peace of mind, please respond to the private message I'll be sending your way shortly and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zombiebait,

Thank you for your reply.   Zach_R told me that my phone service will be disconnected when my new provider takes over the phone number.  In fact, Zach_R has been the most helpful virginmedia adviser so far.  

Glad to hear my colleague Zach has been helpful I will pass this onto him 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?