cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling after pre install

gary71782
Joining in

Hi, I recently agreed to join Virgin Media for broadband only, great deal for 18 months. I am having serious doubts on whether to go through with installation as the pre installation happened the day after I agreed to the contract without any notification of it happening. A cable was run from the nearest phoneline pole to the rear of my property and omnibox fitted on the wall. This was not made clear to me at the time of the contract discussions. So if I cancel now am I left with this box and cable on the outside of my property? With the damage already done I feel I have to continue with the contract. There was no 14 day cooling off period before anywork was carried out which is the main issue I have at the moment, I was not home for the preinstall as no date was given, just turned up the day after contract agreed. 

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello gary71782.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you were never advised about a specific date for the pre installation work to be carried out.

Any work we need to do externally is done by our contractors and internal work is done by our inhouse engineers.

The external work has no specific time it's just as and when before the installation date.

Can we ask if there has been any damage caused to to the property?

The 14 day cooling off period will only begin once the services have been activated.

Removing the external cables and fixtures, it's a grey area as these are classed as a utility now.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

No Theres no damage other than the area drilled, I just meant that theres no way back since the box is fitted to the property now. So if I were to cancel before my contract starts I would be left with the cable and box? That's my issue, I agreed to the contract the 4th April, the line was fitted the 5th, my services wouldnt start till the 20th (engineer visit). So really there has been no time to think through whether I want to continue with the services as your line is fitted externally the day after I took out the contract. Surely the pre install work could have waited untill nearer the installation date?

Hi gary71782.

I can see your point and it is a very valid point you have made.

Can I send you a private message to take some details and pass security.

That way I can get the opinion of our service and install managers for your area.

If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L