cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Due to April Price Increase Possible?

gen6789
Tuning in

I find it really unacceptable that VM increased the price by around 9% of the “non-discounted price”. 

I’m keen to go elsewhere but was wondering if were allowed to cancel fee-free due to this increase or not? I believe we could in the past. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @gen6789, and I'm pleased we were able to have this sorted for you.

Do feel free to report back to our Forums, if you experience any further issues with the account or the services provided.

All the best,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The short answer is "probably not". Acceptance of inflation-linked price rises was written into any contract agreed since early-2023.

When did you last re-contract?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

December 2023 😩

gen6789
Tuning in

That’s great to hear David. How would I go about cancelling? Is the only option to call? Thanks

andys4
Tuning in

You're right. Increasing the price based on the non-discounted amount is very bad practice and not what their pricing page suggests.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/prices

Over 2 months in and I'm still trying to get an issue resolved on this subject

unisoft
Knows their stuff

This year they changed (or supposed to). Its now supposed to be on the DISCOUNTED price that an increase is based on.

Thanks for coming back to me @gen6789.

I'd be happy to assist you in looking into this one.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @gen6789, and I'm pleased we were able to have this sorted for you.

Do feel free to report back to our Forums, if you experience any further issues with the account or the services provided.

All the best,

David_Bn