cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling ad-on w/o new contract?

adhiren
Dialled in

Hi, 

I have reached the end of my 18 min term contract and wondered if it was possible to cancel an ad-on without having to restart or re-sign a new min term? For instance, if I want to cancel Premier Sports can they just do that rather than having to change my contract? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @adhiren 

Premier Sports has never been included in any VM packages. It's always been a standalone that could be cancelled at any time by giving 30 days notice, so if you did cancel that add on yuo wouldn't start a new minimum term contract.

One thing to consider, you say you've reached the end of your current 18 month minimum term contract.  This means you will now be on a rolling contract and paying full price for all services. You still need to give 30 days notice if you are thinking of cancelling, but you can also negotiate a new deal if wanting to stay rather than pay the full undiscounted price. Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers then have a chat with retentions (thinking of leaving) by calling 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @adhiren 

Premier Sports has never been included in any VM packages. It's always been a standalone that could be cancelled at any time by giving 30 days notice, so if you did cancel that add on yuo wouldn't start a new minimum term contract.

One thing to consider, you say you've reached the end of your current 18 month minimum term contract.  This means you will now be on a rolling contract and paying full price for all services. You still need to give 30 days notice if you are thinking of cancelling, but you can also negotiate a new deal if wanting to stay rather than pay the full undiscounted price. Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers then have a chat with retentions (thinking of leaving) by calling 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey adhiren, thank you for reaching out and as mentioned below this is correct.

Cancelling the sports wouldn't extended or renew the contact in any way.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?