cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update telephone number in My Account

MrsLT
Joining in

Hi,

I am trying to update my phone number in account details from my old landline to my mobile number.

I enter the new number and click save and get a message in a green box at the top of the screen saying number saved.  However every time I log back into my Virgin Media the old number is back again!

I have tried this on both the app and web browser - both Firefox and Edge and the same happens on all three.  Clearing cookies, cache etc doesn't have any effect.

Can you please advise?

2 REPLIES 2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MrsLT 👋 Welcome to the community forum! Thanks for posting. 
Sorry to hear about these difficulties updating your contact information via My VM 👉 virg.in/myVM 

It may be best if we check and ensure this is updated on the account for you. We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you.

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋 Just returning to this public thread with an update!

Thanks to MrsLT for PMing with me - we were able to confirm the details needed to update the contact information. 

Hopefully this will reflect soon in my VM 🤞 as it's now all correct on our side. 
Thanks for your patience whilst I offered support! Let us know if there's anything else you need. 

All the best

Molly