cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t even cancel my service properly

Adrian21
Tuning in

Hi there anyone else had trouble with Virgin cancelling? Took me ages to get through to cancel all my services in Jan 24 gave the 30 days notice and all my services were supposedly  terminated on Feb 14th. Sent back every bit of equipment paid final bill was thinking job done now I can enjoy Sky. Checked my recent emails and I have a bill for telephone landline connection still on? wth we have never ever used the landline and haven’t had a landline phone for 5 years. Spent ages on the phone to an indian call centre who insisted I had to give 30 days notice (till April)  for a service I have never ever used and should have been terminated along with all my other Virgin services on Feb 14th. To say say they are a shower of **bleep**e is an understatement and I’m SOooo glad I left or I will be when they sort this out.

4 REPLIES 4

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Adrian21 👋 Welcome to the Community forum! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your experience in trying to cancel! 

Usually when cancelling, you give us your 30 days notice and the cancellation is processed to complete on this date. If you have requested a number port to another provider, we need to keep the telephone services active so that the number can be requested by your new provider and ported over. It may be that there was an issue with your number port or that the new provider did not request the number so that the telephone services kept going past the expected disconnection date. You can find more information about leaving here 👉 How to cancel Virgin Media broadband & TV | Virgin Media Help

We can investigate what has happened, ensure that the disconnection is set to process correctly and offer any further support if needed! We will just need to confirm a few account details via PM to do so. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Adrian21
Tuning in

I left Virgin on the 14th Feb 2024 fully disconnected, bills paid. But for some bizarre reason they never disconnected my phone line that had never been used and we didn't even have a landline phone and I'm still getting a bill off them? I've tried numerous times to get this sorted but still keeps coming back. To say Virgin has the worst customer relations is an understatement. It's the hardest company I have ever had to deal with trying to sort out something that could be so simple. It's becoming like harassment now and I am seriously considering going to the ombudsman then I may get to speak to someone that easily understands what I'm trying to say and deal with. Anyone else on here think Virgin customer services are pure **bleep**e. SOOOooo glad I left and went elsewhere.

Totally agree with you their customer service is a joke to say the least. I'm still getting billed by Virgin 3 months after I left them and got cut off and a confirmation email from them confirmation the termination of all services and a final bill that was paid. I'm still getting a bill for a landline I never ever used or wanted which for some bizarre reason they never terminated. All I want to do is talk to someone that understands me and can actually get this sorted. Been going round in circles for the last 3 months Virgin are total dogshite

Hey Adrian21, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can see you've spoke to someone since this post, did they manage to help?

Also did you port a number over to your new provider?

If so the number would of needed to be kept open for this to happen.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?