cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account

fuvmiff
Just joined

What is wrong with the Virgin Media website? Whatever I attempt to do, no matter the time or year - the only thing I'm ever met with is ERRORS! It's beyond frustrating. Why is nothing fixed on this awful website? 

Anyway. I'm trying to create an account but every time I type a password it shows up with the same error. You can't use that password. Please choose another. YES - I have followed the guidelines (which make no sense, why would I choose such a weak password?); it doesn't work no matter what I type in. This has been an issue since 2019 (!!!) and still hasn't been fixed. Massively disappointed with VM. 

This is for a broadband account. Not Cable or mobile. 

154 REPLIES 154

I have tried what you have mentioned multiple time over the last two weeks. 

Every time I get the same issue 

Mcrowe89
Joining in

So i spent some time on VirginMedia chat (viaWhatsapp). They said that I need to wait until my installation is done before I can create an online account. Which is ridiculous!! AS every email I have been getting since I signed up has been telling me I should sign up for an Online account to track my order... Such a backwards system they have.

The funniest part was after an hour of talking with them about this on whatsapp it all ended with an automated message telling me i should create an online account as its easier to keep track of everything to do with my account!!!! 

I will wait for my installation date and see how it goes. Hopefully things get better. 

Busta999
On our wavelength

I was told the same thing.

cant create an account - no password acceptable

call support ‘ wait until active before creating an account’

virgin media support is trained to tell you anything to get you off the call so they can close it.

My solution was to create an account using a simple password 8-10 chars, numbers and letters, with a letter at the beginning.

that worked for me the. I was able to track install

Hi Busta999

Welcome back to the community!

Glad to hear that you were able to register for your online account using the recommended criteria (Between 8-10 characters, Start with a letter, Contain at least one number, No special characters). 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to come back to us here on community. 

All the best. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

JMDundee
Joining in

Similar issue where I am unable to make an account due to the password being denied. WiFi already set up so unsure what the issue is. Please can someone offer me some assistance.

Hi JMDundee,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues registering for an online account. Can you try a different password? No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters.

Alex_Rm

josh0198
Joining in

Hi, 

Having the same problem as everyone else. Can't log in/create an account. Keeps saying that I can't use the specified password. Tried all solutions that have been suggested. 

Please help!

Kyle25
Joining in

I have the same issue!!, please a moderator help me

Hey Kyle25 and Josh0198, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to our community. I am sorry to see you are struggling to make an online account. 

We've recently made some changes to our website, so please can I ask you to try and make one through this link 

Also try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Goose15
Joining in

Been a new customer for less than 2 months (So yes services have been installed) and since day 1 i have been unable to register for an account, just like the hundreds who are posting and viewing this forum.

I get the exact same problem whatever password i try it tells me i need to try another, example below (password recommended by your technical team)

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-07 at 8.38.36 AM.jpeg

I've been in constant contact for over a month with virgin and it still isn't solved, yesterday i was promised, the below

Goose15_0-1654677592985.png

EOD (End of Day) and again no response and still unable to make or access an account they say would be registered for me, no call, no update, no service. TERRIBLE!

Do not ask me to clear cache, cookies, try different device, different browser. I've done all that and nothing has worked.

Get a moderator to set me up, enough is enough