cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel my O2 SIM after a Volt deal?

doketwaj
Joining in

My broadband package was coming to an end so I did the usual call and threaten to cancel dance, but was offered 1Gb for £30 a month. It's £24 per month on my Virgin contract, and they signed me up for O2 SIM for £6 a month under a separate contract. As the broadband and the SIM are two separate contracts, and I have no need for the 02 SIM, could I can the phone contract and save £6 a month? Or will they know and I'll lose the deal? The SIM arrived 6 days ago and I haven't activated it yet. Nothing on my broadband contract seems to mention the SIM.

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi doketwaj,

Volt benefits are applied to both the O2 and Virgin Media, if you cancel the SIM you would lose these benefits to your O2 services and may, in time, lose them to the Virgin Media services due to the terms and conditions.

Alex_Rm

vikramka
Joining in

My broadband package was coming to an end so I did the usual call and threaten to cancel dance, but was offered 1Gb for £30 a month. It's £24 per month on my Virgin contract, and they signed me up for O2 SIM for £6 a month under a separate contract. As the broadband and the SIM are two separate contracts, and I have no need for the 02 SIM, could I can the phone contract and save £6 a month? Or will they know and I'll lose the deal? The SIM arrived 6 days ago and I haven't activated it yet. Nothing on my broadband contract seems to mention the SIM.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Does that separate 02 contract have a fixed term? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Answered by a VM forum team member yesterday in an identical post under another username

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Can-I-cancel-my-O2-SIM-after-a-Volt...

Hello vikramka,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Regarding the O2 SIM this will be on a contract for X amount of months. You do have 14 days to cancel this from the date of the contract.

However if you did cancel it it will affect the price of your 1Gb contract and price.

As we are one company now you would need to contact O2 direct here to discuss this as we have no access to the systems side yet.

Gareth_L

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You have to remember that the VM - O2 tie up is intended to drag in each company's customers to the other. They won't give you the bribe if they don't get the extra business. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.