cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel Sky Cinema, even if on a new 18 month contract

josephmcginley
On our wavelength

At the end of March I took a new 18 month contract, to allow me to get TV360 box, along with sky cinema which was part of a older contract, from 3 years back

Right now I'm hardly watching any of the sky cinema channels, and paying around £21 per month, with a £6 discount

Am I able to cancel sky movies, or does this affect my 18 month contract

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi josephmcginley

Thanks for posting in regards to your package and removing Sky Cinema. As japitts has advised, depending on if the current discounts are related to having Sky Cinema removing this may result in the loss of that discount.

We can always take a look to see if this is the case or what is available for the same package minus Sky Cinema, let us know know and we'll be happy to see if this is the case.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can renegotiate your package deal at any time, but if you are getting any promotional discount on an element that you remove, then you will effectively have to re-jig the whole package - which will very likely mean entering a new 18month minimum term on the resulting package.

The promotional discounts are in return for the minimum term commitment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi josephmcginley

Thanks for posting in regards to your package and removing Sky Cinema. As japitts has advised, depending on if the current discounts are related to having Sky Cinema removing this may result in the loss of that discount.

We can always take a look to see if this is the case or what is available for the same package minus Sky Cinema, let us know know and we'll be happy to see if this is the case.

Rob