cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing - 45% increase?!!! What the heck!

SMaster
On our wavelength

Good evening

i just got an email from VM for my bill. My usual payment of £80 has been adjust by indexation by…. Wait for it… 45%. My new bill is £116.37 plus phone bill. Disgraceful!!

Someone from VM please advise how I can correct t this mistake?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @SMaster, and sorry to hear that the bill has come as a surprise to you.

I'd concur with the advice offered and would point you towards calling our team from 8am Monday to Sunday to see if a new deal can be struck at a price that's suitable for you

Do feel free to let us know if any assistance is required.

Thanks,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Looks like you upgraded, and therefore recontracted, around 18 months ago https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Upgrade-from-600mbps-to-1gbps-speed-dropped-from-...

Your discount period is therefore probably ending and you need to call VM on 0345 454 1111 and play the retentions game again. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

carl_pearce
Community elder

Mistake?

No, just end of contract.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @SMaster, and sorry to hear that the bill has come as a surprise to you.

I'd concur with the advice offered and would point you towards calling our team from 8am Monday to Sunday to see if a new deal can be struck at a price that's suitable for you

Do feel free to let us know if any assistance is required.

Thanks,

David_Bn

SMaster
On our wavelength

Thanks all for the above. Having explained twice to two people, VM agreed I was right and “say” they will credit me monthly so I pay no more through to sept. Time will tell. Had to scream blue murder which I don’t like doing.