cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement care non existent, help please.

RoyWivs
Joining in

Hi, please could someone help.  My wife passed away end of last year.  I have tried with the help of my daughter to try and sort out the Virgin Media account.  I made several unsuccesful calls to the Bereavement line at Virgin, waiting over half an hour for someone to pick up.  My daughter then found a form and we completed and emailed the Bereavement form back to Virgin.  We have made several calls to virgin since and I am still no further forward.  We used to pay £92 a month out of a joint account.  Since informing Virgin of my Wifes death, Virgin have cancelled the direct debit and new bills are coming through stating the package is £173 per month.  I was promised by an advisor that the account was sorted out on the last phonecall, yet today I logged into my account and I am told that on the 1st February there is a bill for £114.  I have not missed any payments, the direct debit is also still in my Wifes name!!!  I was advised to pay an extra £23.95 last Monday to clear the account until March.  I was also advised my monthly payment had been returned to £92 per month.  I have now registered 2 complaints on my account.  What we thought would be a simple name change has turned out to be a nightmare.  Last week I told the advisor I was fed up and wanted the account cancelled and equipment collected.  All I want is someone who can correct the account.  I am not even asking for the deals a new customer would get. Roy

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RoyWivs 

Welcome to the community forums 

So sorry to hear of the issues you've had sorting the account whilst going through such a difficult time. 
Though we are not able to handle any bereavement processes via the forums, we can support and investigate further to see what we can confirm for you at our side. 

We will need to pass account security to be able to discuss the account with your via forums. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I do not need help with the bereavement care, just trying to sort out whether I am going to be charged 173 after this month as the advisor kept ignoring mine and my daughters request to clarify how much the ongoing cost would be.  I have answered your private message.

Great thanks @RoyWivs 
We can support further with a billing concern no problem via the same private message we're responding to. We would still need to pass full account security to be able to discuss billing and the account. 

We'll work to get this confirmed for you today

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi Carley, I am still waiting a response, I have spoken to someone today and also waiting for an email for netflix.

Roy

Can you provide a screenshot of where you can see on the Virgin Media account that a SIM is included with a deal please?
I'm not able to find that a Virgin Media SIM package at my side.

Can I take the mobile number please?
How long has he had the SIM?
How much is O2 charging, is it £15 or £5?

Here to help 🙂
Carley