cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual price increase and call centre

Laura_VM
Joining in

Hello,

I am a new customer with virgin media and recently received a letter indicating I'll be subject to the annual price increase. However, your website indicates new customers are exempt until 2025: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/prices

I have tried calling 0345 454 1111 time and time again without being able to get through to a human to discuss this. I've tried multiple options all without success. I've also tried using the chatbot without success. 

Please can someone get back to me to discuss this.

7 REPLIES 7

Bright-Spark
Joining in

I would read your contract as it may well say different…..

I just signed up at the end of January and it says in the contract about the price rises from April 2024 .

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Laura_VM,

Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online (virg.in/contactvm), by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Joe

golden86
Dialled in

When did you sign up and when did your service activate? 

Hi Joe,

I've tried calling the number you listed several times and can't get through to a human. Please can you clarify which options to choose to actually get through to someone?

Thank you,

Laura

Signed up January 30th and went live February 13th. 

Whilst VM doesn't publish an exact date when you signed up should you NOT expect the price increase. You should ask them the question is it the sign up date they count on or the service activation date? That's not clear either. Because I think in your case your sign up date might be before the price increase exemption for this year but your activation date is within the exemption

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Laura_VM wrote:

Signed up January 30th and went live February 13th. 

Hi Laura_VM 

Sorry to say but you aren't exempt from the 2024 price rise as per the forum staff post <here>  (copy pasted below)

"Thanks for your post on this thread.  All new customers sold to on or before Wednesday 7th February 2024 will be subject to a price change in 2024."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali