cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing my account online

Captainjpop
Joining in

I purchased virgin media in December in preparation for moving into my new home and registered online. The move never happened so I had the address changed on my account. The equipment has arrived and is all set up but when I try to view my account online it says I don't have any packages or orders. Having looked at the contract for my broadband and TV the account number on the contract is different to the account number on my online account.

It looks like instead of changing my address they've created a new account completely, one i can't access online because all my information is already linked to the original account. I have tried changing my email address on the original account so i can register the new one but it won't let me change the email address. I am unable to make any changes to services or even view my bills.

I spent 3 hours on the phone to someone and nothing has changed and 32 hours ago somebody said they needed 5-8 minutes to look into it on chat and since then silence. What else can I do?

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Captainjpop, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there has been some confusion for you. Virgin Media account number's are associated with the address as opposed to the customer so when you move, you would get a new account number so therefore My VM needs to be re done. As the email address is already connected to your old address however, we would need to complete a move and transfer. 

To do this, I will need to clarify a few details with you so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs