cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin's (old) phone system and migration

goldstonebha
Tuning in

I'm helping someone with their 'landline' switch off.

1. Does/did Virgin run its own analogue phone line system separate to BT/Openreach, or maybe has/had both? 

2. Presuming it's a separate switch off, I presume customers are forced to take phone services over coax or fibre?

3. What set-up(s) do you need to maintain a phone number? 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @goldstonebha 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back.

I'd be more than happy to explain the change over for you, and if you have any other questions at all we will be happy to assist. 

To clarify the switch is taking the phone line from the old coper connection at the wall to a fibre connection via your Hub, this connection is provided via an adapter that we send out before the switch over date and you should just plug the base unit of the phone into the Hub. Provided the adapter has been sent and is set up for the switch over there should be no issues with the number at all. 

If we have reached out to say an engineer is needed instead to complete the switch due to either a Hub not being present or the location of the Hub etc then the account holder would need to reach out to contact us and arrange this. 

goldstonebha
Tuning in

Thanks - but do you have an answer to:

Does/did Virgin run its own analogue phone line system separate to BT/Openreach, or maybe has/had both?

Thank you @goldstonebha 

To confirm yes we do, it is a separate line to BT.