cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless Company

jan19512003
Joining in

Going round in circles trying to contact Virgin Media............no one gets back to me..........I'm (this) close to cancelling contract.:-( . They said my landline was broken...NO it's not, they told me to buy a new handset, which I did, just to prove a point......returned new handset.........unable to receive calls. I explained that I needed to keep my old number (of thirty five years) and they said this was ok, however, they have given me a "Virgin Number" which must be called before it will divert to my landline....but the idiots did not give me the number....they only said there was an "8" in it Ha Ha! If I don't laugh I will cry.

12 REPLIES 12

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jan19512003 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you feel this way and the issues you've had with your landline. 

Have you been able to try your new number you received from us to test to see if the landline is working? The team aren't able to confirm a landline number over the phone as this is one of the security questions, but you can find out your landline number through a few different methods which I have listed below.

• You can call 174 from the number in question, and it will give you the fill number without the zero (0) at the start
  • You can find this by logging into your My Virgin Media account. Once logged in go to My Bills. This will show within the Phone section of the Overview tab
  • You can ring a Mobile Number from the landline, and the number will present on the Mobile – Please be aware if you don’t have free mobile calls you might be charged for this.

Try your new number and please do let us know if you're still having issues calling or receiving calls on the landline whilst using the new number. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Just been told that Virgin could have "SOLD" my phone number on!!!! Can they do that??? wth!!! That has been MY NUMBER for nearly FORTY YEARS!!! it was not theirs to sell on. Oh yes, they have allocated a new number to me, but the STUPID B******S didn't tell me the new number, only that it has an "8" it in!!! I am beyond fuming, I can't believe a company as big as theirs could be so ignorant! Please don't be offended by my language, I haven't sworn for all of January 😞 but if you are as Virgin customer I am sure you will understand.
I also read on one comment that a customer is paying nearly £100 per month!! What's that all about?. Mine is £19.99 until 2025, broadband, tv and phone (that doesn't work) Maybe that's why I'm getting such a C**P service.

I am requesting Virgin Media's complaints procedures !! Urgently please!

Here you go https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-practice

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi @jan19512003 

I appreciate your frustrations regarding this. We would not be able to discuss other customer packages, but if you have any further concerns with your services we can support here if needed. 

I have provided above the different ways in which we advise you of where you can find out the new landline number if this is still needed. Does using this number resolves your landline being unable to receive calls from mobiles? Please do let us know if this has resolve this particular issue for you. 

We do not sell landline numbers. Once a number becomes inactive it is returned to the original operator such as BT, Sky or Vodaphone who will be the original owner of the number. Do you know if your landline number is still active with your older provider at all?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

jan19512003
Joining in

I didn't ask you to discus other peoples packages! I was merely stating a fact, but you have to wonder why there is such a big difference in your charges.

Just need a copy of Virgin complaints procedure. ASAP please.

Hi @jan19512003 

I'm more than happy to help you further through the community forums if you wish to raise a complaint regarding this, just wanted to ensure that your landline was working with the new number you have and that you were aware of how you can find out the number should you still not know what it was. 

If you'd like me to assist in raising your complaint and investigate this further, please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Just need a copy of Virgin complaints procedure. ASAP please.

No problem @jan19512003 

You can find the compliant code of practice here and you can raise a complaint by any methods listed here.  

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley