cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce ring count before landline voicemail kicks in?

AlanN
Joining in

Good afternoon,

How can I reduce the number of rings to 5 before voicemail kicks in on my Virgin Media landline?

Currently, it appears to be 10 rings and feedback received is that callers think there is no voicemail option & just hang up.

Can I change the ring count myself to 5, or this this something the VM support team can help with?

Thanks,

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AlanN, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AlanN, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of any inconvenience your voicemail may be causing you. I would like to help you resolve this, as it's not something you can change from your side, sorry. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AlanN, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

Many thanks for all your help today Lee, much appreciated.

The ring count is now perfect for my needs 🙂

Kind regards,

Alan

This is also something I would like to do, and would be grateful if someone could fix for me.

Many thanks

Hey zambo,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi @zambo, thanks for speaking with us today.

I'm glad we have been able to modify the ring amount as requested.
If you ever need anything form us - reach out and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Many thanks for your help Ilyas.

Hi, I would also like to decrease the number of rings; I have recently been transferred to fibre landline

Thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dave_a, thank you for joining our help forums and for your first posts here.

A warm welcome to the VM community, glad to have you on board. 🙂

We can surely help with amending the amount of rings before your landline switches to voicemail, in order to do this I will send you a PM here soon.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs