cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about when the landline switches to digital voice

Ingle
Joining in

Hello, I want to find out information for my friend who is an OAP about the switch from landline to digital voice that's happening soon.

1. My friend has a BT landline and Virgin broadband. What does he need to do in order to use the broadband for his phone?

2. Can he use his existing phone he has already and how is it done if he is a BT customer?
Is the connection the same with the plug into the wall?

3. Can he use his existing phone number, and how long does it take to work?

4. How much for the phone with broadband, and is it different accounts and payments for O2 and Virgin?

5. Can he use his existing phone set which is BT or does he need to buy a new set? Does he need an engineer to come out to install the connection?

6. Can he use his existing BT phone with Virgin broadband and can he set it up or does he need someone to set it up for him?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning @Ingle 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

You'd need to speak to their current provider if with them for landline services, however I can advise how it works if it was a Virgin phone.

This link here - https://home.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/all-about-virgin-media-landline-upgrade explains more 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The switch away from the current way of providing a landline connection is on hold for all telecoms providers on the orders of the government. BT have not yet published what they are going to do for users who just have a landline with them and no broadband connection. It’s best to wait and see what is decided.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2