cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting VM landline number while in contract

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I'm in contract with a broadband/TV/phone deal.

I want to sign up to another VOIP phone service and port my number over to it, without disturbing the other services.  This is not with the intention of reducing the cost, I just want to change the phone service and leave the others intact.

In theory this shouldn't be a problem, but knowing VM's chaotic systems I don't want the whole contract to be cut off and get a demand for early cancellation.

Has anyone done this successfully?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.
13 REPLIES 13

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Do be aware VM often drag their feet for months when it comes to processing number porting requests.

I'm sure you are aware the landline must remain in service with VM to be able to port it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I've seen too many reports on here that service has been cut off immediately they put in their 30 days notice. Not going to risk that..

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hello jpeg1.

When the time comes please let us know on here and we can process the disconnection request for you.

Gareth_L

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Thanks

- jpeg1