cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Calls

Watson666
Joining in

I have suddenly started to see phantom calls added to my bill this month (£22.75) plus a further £1.20 since the bill was produced yet I never use the landline and don't even have a hand set!

I see that this has happened to quite a few other people on here so have gone through VM complaint route rather than spend hours speaking to their customer services by phone or chat so will update on the outcome.  

What I would say though is under the direct debit guarantee you are entitled to a refund through your bank if there has been a mistake so will be taking this route if VM don't come back to me in a reasonable amount of time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This happened to me a long time ago, and despite several tech visits, it was never resolved.  Like you I never used the phone and had no handset, but in those days a phone was part of the package.  This went on for months and in the end I just cancelled the phone service and left only the TV and Broadband.  I've since ditched the TV as well.  The calls were always very short and at odd random times, day and night.  Personally I suspect it was the old cabinet equipment failing in some way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Watson666, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Let me send you a PM and we can start the process of looking into this.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This happened to me a long time ago, and despite several tech visits, it was never resolved.  Like you I never used the phone and had no handset, but in those days a phone was part of the package.  This went on for months and in the end I just cancelled the phone service and left only the TV and Broadband.  I've since ditched the TV as well.  The calls were always very short and at odd random times, day and night.  Personally I suspect it was the old cabinet equipment failing in some way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sorry to hear this Adduxi, I have sent Watson666 a message to look into this, happy to look into this for you also if you are still having issues with it? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks @Matthew_ML  but as I said it was a long time ago, and I cancelled the phone line as it was the easiest way to resolve the issue. The tech guys were great and even changed the old phone wiring but the calls still persisted and no one every got to the bottom of it.  I still suspected the old cabinet equipment as it was an ancient NTL throwback,   A bit like myself really ....  😉

No worries, thank you for letting us know. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Client62
Legend

VM's infamous Horizon like telephone billing system strikes again ?

We are currently looking into this 🙂

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we've got the ball rolling on this matter.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?