cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO LANDLINE SINCE FRIDAY

TBorNOTTB
Tuning in

I'm in the GU21 postcode area and have been without a landline since late Friday - with a brief back in service late Saturday for a couple of hours - and all I am getting from the Virgin reps on the 0345 number is that there is an exchange fault in the area. I was assured yesterday that the fault would be fixed that day. It wasn't. 

I have in the house a 86 year old with stage 4 cancer who relies on the landline. So to be told by one of the Virgin "help" desk team to get her to use a mobile was not helpful. Then this person tried to upsell me a new package! (yes I've made an official compliant in writing).

I have phoned the help desk each day since Friday only to be told that the engineers are working on the problem at "the exchange". Anyone know where the exchange is so I can go down there and see what work is being done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TBorNOTTB 

Sorry to see the phone issue has recurred.

Have you used the /check-services/i  function to see if there is any update?  

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061 rather than 0345 number.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

BillD
On our wavelength

Hi TB

I am also in the GU21 postcode area (St Johns) and i've been without my landline since the same amount of time. I've been in touch with the Virgin reps also, only to be fobbed off with sending out an adapter for the new changeover to fibre, which hasn't happened in this area yet and doesn't work. I wasn't told anything about an exchange fault here in Woking and nobody at Virgin seems to want to do anything about it. It's disgusting they way they've treated your 86 year old by asking her to use a mobile phone instead, most elderly people neither have one or aren't too keen on using one.

However, if you want to go to the exchange to see IF any work is being done, I can tell you that the exchange is located in Oriental Road, opposite the Coroners Court and just before the train station.

Hope this helps.

Good morning BillD,

Thank you; and yes I'm staggered at the lack of any action by Virgin, and for that matter, the worrying fact that their reasons for the outage seem rather opaque. And having been transferred to their "Customer 2" service level team (no I have no idea what that means either!) who each time assured me that the line was about to come back in service shows me that all I'm getting - after waiting on the mobile phone for 15 minutes to be connected to them - is guesswork on their part.

Thank you BillD, I will go down to the exchange and take a look, and if this continues, and I don't receive a satisfactory answer from Virgin, then I will have to escalate this.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TBorNOTTB thanks for reaching out and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the impact that the telephone outage in your area is having.  And sorry to hear of any poor customer experience you've had when attempting to establish what's going on, etc.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @BillD 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that the telephone outage may be causing you also.  In regard to the time being taking to resolve the issue, I am sorry.  Sometimes an issue is more complex than our field teams first believe it to be.  I am certain they will be working hard to get you all back up and running as swiftly as possible.  In the meantime have you ensured the full loss of service is registered on your account from day one?  I'd like to take a look to ensure it has been.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Sorry @BillD I can see you're already liaising with my colleague Matthew.  I will therefore leave you in his very capable hands.

Regards

Lee

Just a quick update regarding the telephone outage in the Woking area.  The current estimated fix time is 3:10pm today, 6th March 2024.  I do need to advise that this is estimated at this time.

Regards

Lee_R

BillD
On our wavelength

Hi Lee.

Many thanks for the update, though just goes to prove all along that there has been. and still is, a telephone outage in the Woking area. Hopefully this estimated time of fixing it will turn into a reality at 3.10pm and my landline will be back up and running again.

Can you please also confirm that, since I reported my landline fault on Monday via one of your Virgin team who I called and should be on your system, if I will be entitled to a refund or compensation off of my bill for loss of phone service which I pay for and have been unable to use.

Many thanks.

Thanks for getting back to us BillD 

Please see here, for any compensation that may be due.  Have you also been without telephone since before Monday 4th?

Regards

Lee_R

BillD
On our wavelength

Yes, I believe I have because the phone was working fine up until Friday/Saturday of last week and it was only brought to light because my girlfriend tried to phone me on the landline over the weekend. Obviously, she couldn't get through as the line and phone were dead, I had no knowledge of this until she sent a text message as to why I wasn't returning her calls.

Regards.