cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing and going straight to voicemail

chalklands
On our wavelength

Since yesterday my landline is not ringing when incoming calls are received, they go straight to virgin voicemail. Everything was working fine until yesterday. Any ideas?

I can make calls out as normal.

13 REPLIES 13

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @chalklands, and a welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the landline services.

If you're currently utilising our landline services via your router, can you please perform a reboot on the hub to see if this helps resolve this matter?

Can you also try an alternative handset if this is possible?

Thanks

David_Bn

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I've rebooted my hub, no difference. I don't have an alternative handset I can use.

Thanks for coming back to me @chalklands, and for attempting a reboot on the hub.

Have you attempted a reset on the hub to see if this can help resolve the issue of the landline phone not ringing?

Do you have a dial tone on the handset?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi,

How do I reset the hub?

I do have a dial tone on the handset and can make outgoing calls.

Thanks for confirming in regards to being able to make outgoing calls @chalklands.

A pin hole reset will return the hub to factory setting but can help resolve broadband and landline issues.

Thanks,

David_Bn

I am having same issues . Rebooted hub and made no difference . Checked all phone settings .

Looks like a major problem with quite a few people having same issue . Points to an issue at your end rather than equipment based 

Thanks for joining in @alamo1836, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums.

Can you please confirm if you have a dial tone on your phone currently?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Yes I have a dial tone and can make outgoing calls . I have even tried turning my voicemail system off and get the same message . It is the number listed on.my website just thought I was having a quiet day 

Thanks for coming back to us @alamo1836.

Do calls come through to you even through it doesn't ring?

We have had some reports of Hub 5 users currently experiencing issues on the landline service, which does largely effect the calling out function.

Are you currently using a Hub5?

Thanks

David_Bn