cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping landline number after spouse dies

mcneilt
On our wavelength

Hi, My elderly father died in dec2023, and he had a 2 year contract with Virgin Media. He was a customer for over 30 years. I hoped my elderly mother living at the same address could get a better deal as a new customer, but virgin will only allow if she changes her landline number! This seems ridiculous. In my opinion it demonstrates terrible customer service and worst of all, greed.

31 REPLIES 31

mcneilt
On our wavelength

not yet, on phone right now to cancellations team as bereavements line not working at weekend

Bereavement team are opening between 8am to 8pm Monday – Friday, and 9am - 5pm on Saturday. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Just to say that I did get to keep my number -  I was out of contact for a couple of days as they had to set me up and then they transferred the number back to me. Whoever I dealt with was very helpful through private DM. And I got the benefits of being a new customer - much cheaper than my old deal although setting up all the new boxes was a bit of an effort and lost all my recordings (obviously!) so make sure your mum understands that!

mcneilt
On our wavelength

Thank you for that insight, I'm waiting to speak with them now.

Hi @mcneilt, please let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Daniel

mcneilt
On our wavelength

expected callback at 4pm from Amanda in Customer Relations team, hanging on telephone..

mcneilt
On our wavelength

so so bad

mcneilt
On our wavelength

awaited call back, I called them, they put me through, call ended, fantastic

mcneilt
On our wavelength

virgin DM me

Hi @mcneilt, we're sorry to hear this.

A message has been sent to the relevant agent to chase this up.

Regards,
Daniel