cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls don't ring the landline, caller goes immediately to Voicemail, outgoing calls ok

MDG
Tuning in

Hi,  I have just had my number ported over from previous supplier. On testing the service I find:

Incoming calls do not ring the landline telephone and the caller gets put immediately through to Voice Mail, I can make outgoing calls from the land line as I get a dial tone. If I dial 1571 or 1572 I do enter the menu system making me believe the hardware is all ok!

Landline telephone is plugged into top port 1 using the adapter provided on the HUB 3.0.

I have turned the hub off then back on which has made no difference. I dont believe a reset will help and am reluctant to do that as ive invested a lot of time setting things up.

I would like the voicemail feature disabled please, I read on this forum that VM need to do this for me.

Also I am still waiting for a DOCSIS unit to arrive that I was promised when taking out this contract with VM.

Look forward to your reply

MDG

11 REPLIES 11

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MDG,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble receiving calls on your landline. What does the caller hear when they attempt to call it? Are you able to make calls?

Can you also clarify what the "DOCSIS unit" is that you're referring to?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Caller hears ' one RING then 'Welcome to VoiceMail'

I am able to make calls

Re DOCSIS, my understanding was the DOCSIS allowed me to have a phone up in our office and not simply tied to the VM HUB3.0. 

Hi @MDG,

I see, so you hear no ringing but the caller hears just one and then puts them into voicemail?

RE: DOCSIS, from what you've explained there's no particular device - you just need the landline itself, the router and the adapter. If you have multiple DECT landline handsets then the main one would need to be connected to the router itself via the adapter.

Do you only have the one landline handset? If so and you've recently joined us, did you discuss with the install technician that you'd want the landline set up elsewhere in the home not near the router?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I could have gave you a better answer.

The caller to the landline hears one ring then answer service, the recipient in the home hears no ring at all.

Re the DOCSIS, ive google it and I agree it iether no longer exists and appears to be completely wrong for my application. When I signed up I said to VM Sales we have 2 phone handsets upstairs currently, that they are in bedroom and toilet. Now We wish to have 1 handset upstairs and are happy for it to be in the office (sml bedroom) where there is mains power and ethernet hub. My understanding was the DOCSIS allowed a DECT handset to be plugged into the ethernet hub. It now sound like ive be 'Waffled' by sales!  

Hi @MDG,

Thanks for expanding. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can arrange getting a technician out to ensure you're all set up correctly, and they can look into the ringing issue too.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Can anyone else of the VM team pick up on this please as my telephone is still not working as mention above.

Zach R you around today?

Still after some support on this please 

Hi @MDG,

Please respond to the latest private message sent so we can proceed with helping you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team