cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've had enough of Virgin!

pentode
On our wavelength

I had a full day without phone just before Christmas, I spent over £9 on my mobile trying to ger it resolved - WHERE IS THE REBATE ON MY BILL? There ain't any!

The blasted thing is OFF AGAIN today, dead as a dodo, this time I am £15 out of pocket, thanks to the 'testing being done' AND trying to get through.

And you get silly IDIOTS at Virgin in telling me to phone this er that on an 150 number  HOW IN BLUE THUNDER CAN I DO THAT when the friggin things not working?

Another problem is half the time you can not understand what is being said!

I am in the process of STOPPING my direct debit in the process I am looking at alternative providers in the meantime.

I want to know exactly HOW MUCH I need to pay to get the hell out....

Virgin have become mediocre and a joke.... Virgin you have my contact deltails - PLEASE DO PHONE when the phone IS working, you KNOW where to send the bills so you KNOW my address, since I have Virgin phone you have MY phone number!

David.

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi David, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you had an issue with your landline just before Christmas. We do have an automatic compensation scheme in place. When there is a total loss of service for your broadband or phone line, the account is automatically assessed for compensation, once the fault is closed as resolved. If eligible, the credit is added and will show on the next bill due to be generated. The compensation usually kicks in after 48 hours. You can view more on this here

In terms of your landline not working now, I've had a look at things this end and can see that there is a network fault open and is affecting you. There's been no update with a reference number or estimated fix time yet but the teams are working on getting things resolved as soon as possible. 

Whilst we can't offer a 100% fault free service, we do promise to fix faults as quickly as possible. If you're wanting to leave Virgin Media then there are 3 ways in which you can do this.

• 1) You can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and selecting options 1, 4 then 4 again.
  • 2) You can WhatsApp the team on 07305327112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours however it does allow you to go about your day whilst waiting for a reply.
  • 3) You can write a letter stating that you wish to cancel your services. You will need to include your account number, your name and full address as well as contact details for you. Send your letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

We would advise against cancelling the Direct Debit as this doesn't cancel the account. It can cause late payments which can affect your credit. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

pentode
On our wavelength

NO. NO, NO Virgin NEVER AGAIN Will 'I' ever phone Virgin on 'MY' mobile, OUT of the question!

Virgin Media could have told me it was a network issue the VERY FIRST TIME I PHONED, that I would have excepted but no 'THEY' DID NOT, they kept me waiting, waiting and waiting.

Now then, what about having no phone for a day that isn't shown AND WHAT about NOW - TODAY  AGAIN no phone? THIS IS PRETTY PATHETIC  isn't it, if YOU don't agree YOU ARE NOT REAL, if no compensation then I just might get legal advice here.

Now, down to the 'nitty gritty' HOW  much EXTRA do I have to pay to terminate my contract? YOU are down right LAUGHABLE, if 'I' want to cancel my direct debit 'I' WILL DO SO you can be assured of that, you can also be REASSURD I will let Virgin Media and the bank know in writing should I decide to do, so perhaps it may be better to escalate this to higher levels - that I wouldn't mind.

David

Hi David, 

Network issues can sometime take some time to raise so it may be that nothing had been raised at that point. As mentioned above, you would only get compensation if your landline has been down for 48 hours. After this time, you would then be entitled to a set amount for each day. 

You've mentioned your first fault was for a day so no compensation would be applicable then. With this fault, if you're still having a total loss of service after the 48 hours, then compensation would apply. The account will automatically be assessed once the fault has closed. 

In terms of looking at how much it would be to leave Virgin Media, we can check this for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

pentode
On our wavelength

I owe an appology, I did get a Credit refund on the bill, that issue is now 'out the window', my mistake I'm sorry - I did get a refund.

Checking the phone status on VM shows the phone is 'active' and there is no problems, trying a new line cord did not help. Measuring the voltage  on the line I got 50V DC, unplugging the line I get 'Line cord error' on the phone, plugging back in the error goes away. There is no dial tone nor AC voltage shouldn't this be about 48V  AC?

I have replied to your PM Kath_F, to be fair you have been more helpful than those answering the telephone and those 'auto cretins', I am far from satisfied with VM, it IS Virgin Media I'm voicing disgust about.

As said, I am seriously thinking of dropping my direct payment and at this time I doubt I will be accepting any new contract or contract changes at this time - a ploy used by Virgin Media, since a contract change means a NEW contract.

David

pentode
On our wavelength

Enough is enough! Will someone at Virgin Media get off their backsides and sort this OUT?

Virgin says NO faults detetected...... yet on here we are told it's a network issue. Is there a fault or isn't there a fault WHICH IS IT? OR is it Virgin Media playing sillies?