cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with porting number in

Jps007
Joining in

I have a recent me install VM broadband and phone, all working fine. Now I'm actually moving in to the flat where this VM is, I need to port my old phone no from plusnet to my VM service. What's the best way to achieve this? I understand it can take 10 days to complete. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jps007

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Just to clarify for us please, are you the account holder for the services at the property you're moving to?

If so, yes we can raise a number port and this takes around 10 - 14 days. 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jps007

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Just to clarify for us please, are you the account holder for the services at the property you're moving to?

If so, yes we can raise a number port and this takes around 10 - 14 days. 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki, thanks for your prompt reply. So yes, I am account holder with VM at the flay (where I'm moving to) and also I'm the account holder at the house (where I'm moving from) which is a plus net voice & broadband (ADSL) line that I want to port the phone number from. I understand that once the port is complete, the Plusnet line will cease (since it can't exist without it's number) but that's ok, and it's not in any contract.

Hi @Jps007 

Thanks for coming back to us. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill