cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing phones, compatibility with fibre?

bertj
On our wavelength

How do I find out if my existing phones will be compatible with the VM fibre network? Also, my hub 4 is situated upstairs and the exiting base unit that supports three more 'wireless' phones around the house is now plugged into the usual wall box downstairs. Presumably the base unit will then have to be located near the hub assuming that it will be compatible.

2 REPLIES 2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bertj 👋 welcome back to the community! 
Thank you for posting! 

You can find everything you need to know about the switchover process via community here 👉How to cancel Virgin Media broadband & TV | Virgin Media Help and via the help page on our website here 👉 Landline Switchover | Virgin Media Help

As the community help page advises; any corded or cordless landline handset should work with our adapter, with the small exception of a few much older models. If your handset wasn’t working previously via a wall socket and doesn't work when connected to your hub with the adapter, this is an issue with the handset and we would advise trying a different model in the first instance. If you have multiple portable DECT handsets in the home then you will only need to connect the master handset into your hub with the adapter, meaning it needs to be located near the hub. If you have multiple handsets that aren’t portable and connect to extension sockets in your home then you may need a technician visit to make some in-home wiring changes.

If you need further help with your set up or require an appointment to help get things working please let us know! We can then offer some more support. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

bertj
On our wavelength

Thanks for all the helpful info. I'll just have to wait and see if one of my very old phones will work.