cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Home Phone VOIP not sending caller id

Professor_Plum
On our wavelength

Since my mum's phone was converted to digital, or maybe shortly after that, it stopped sending caller-id, although if I dial 1471 I can verify the number. I am not sure if this happens all the time, but it has happened the last few times. Why would this be?

5 REPLIES 5

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Professor_Plum 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with Caller ID, when switching to digital this service is lost, but can be put back on via the aid of an engineer. We can look into arranging this for you. We would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Professor_Plum
On our wavelength

The problem is intermittent.

Hi @Professor_Plum 👋.

There is a secondary private message requesting the last part of Data Protection to be completed to look into the issues relating to your account.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi, thanks, but I don't really want to put that security information into a web site. At the moment I am finding it a little doubtful that an intermittent missing caller-id would be caused by the mis-configuration of the hub. Why is the hub installed mis-configured? How is it that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't?

The information requested is contained in a private message that only Virgin Media staff are the only people that can view it, we can only speculate regarding your needs without this information, without going through Data Protection we will not have account access in order to assist you with what is ongoing with your issues and how to fully resolve them.

Should you prefer to not provide the information over the Community Forum private message platform, we would advise reaching out to the contact centre for them to resolve for you 📞 0345 454 1111.

Many thanks

Sabrina