cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible make model of phones

Thegovernoruk
Tuning in

hi folks, 

I have Hub 5 with supplied adaptor. Can anyone tell me what make and model number of cordless phones they have working with it? I’ve tried two models of BT advanced phones and neither work. Virgin advise the line has been checked and working fine so think it may be incompatible phones. If yours are working with a Hub 5 can you tell me what your phones are please? Many thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

thanks Tom will try that solution also when back.

thanks Mathew

No problem at all, 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No problem at all 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

adamwmlay88
Settling in

I have recently joined Virgin Media and use a house phone. It has been connected to the back of the hub, and when I pick up the phone the tone is there. I can even call others and if they call me and I pick it up, I can talk to them. However, the phone does not ring. I have turned the volume up to max and it still does not ring through. I went and bought 3 other phones that I know worked fine and these also do not ring through. The tone is there when I pick up the receiver and I can dial others, but if somebody phones me I won't know. As I can only phone others at the weekend it was more for receiving calls as I don't have a mobile phone, but as I won't know when somebody calls, it kind of defeats the purpose of having one. So I am paying for a service I am not being provided with. When I called virgin media, they said everything is fine on their end but clearly it is not as I know these phones work fine with Now TV etc. It's like hitting my head against a brick wall, but when do these big corporations care for us mere peasants?

How old are the phones you are trying to connect?

Some phones (usually from the early 2000s or before) require a 'ringing capacitor' in the connection to make the phone ring. A telephone master socket on the wall has the ringing capacitor but the VM adapter does not.

For the non-ringing problem with old phones, some have had success with this item

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393200143905

which contains the ringing capacitor. No guarantee it will solve your problem though. It is a generic item so it can be obtained from other brands/suppliers.