cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV21 changes call blocking

pogit1
Up to speed

I have a OnSIM eSIM that when call out sends my Caller ID as my Virgin Landline number. OnSIM have just added SIP to there services and I now have a very unique but very weird problem. 

When I Call my VM landline from The OnSIM eSIM or SiP service I get no Ringing on the Landline (ring sounds on calling phone).  When I dial 1471 it says I’ve been called but if I pick up the landline during a call I get a dial tone and can make calls.  So the call is being intercepted somewhere in the VM network and not being passed through.  

It previously worked fine.  Can I get this new fault escalated to the advanced team please as obviously it’s fairly important to call my own landline from my mobile and have it answered.   

To confirm it’s a very specific problem when calling my landline with is own number showing as Caller ID from mobile / SiP it no longer connects.  Dialing 1471 shows a call received and the landline has a dial tone during call attempts.   So seems like there’s some form off new blocking system 

14 REPLIES 14

For example if we’re out and my parents call my landline the VM landline diverts it OnSIM that then diverts the call to my mobile as it’s likely they want to speak with me,  of my wife’s parents call it’s transferred to my wife’s mobile phone. I can do this with any number to anyone in the tree.  At no additional cost to me or the caller, and the caller has nothing to worry about than calling a local phone number without the area code.   I’ve only just started to touch what’s possible with this but I can clearly see the benefits already.  I was very concerned about the spoofing aspect but the company (OnSiM) seem very professional requiring paperwork showing I have right to use the number and the cistern’s service so far has been excellent thankfully I’m very technical and have assisted with issues from iCloud voicemail problems to this one with VM call routing. 

Hey pogit1, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about this.

I can see you are in PM with my colleague, about this,.

If you reply to the PM / follow it up we can look into more depth on this. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Client62
Legend

By porting our BT lines to Sipgate in 2017 we side stepped these issues but have the location independence.

pogit1
Up to speed

Ok it’s been 2 months now and I still can’t call my home number from my mobile since you made network changes.  You’re failing to update me on any progress.  Are you going to provide an update or am I going to have to make a complaint to OFCOM again for your failure to maintain basic services and keep customers informed of reported faults?  

Hi @pogit1 👋.

Apologies this has not been resolved as yet, could you please join me in a private message so that I can look further into this. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina