cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV21 changes call blocking

pogit1
Up to speed

I have a OnSIM eSIM that when call out sends my Caller ID as my Virgin Landline number. OnSIM have just added SIP to there services and I now have a very unique but very weird problem. 

When I Call my VM landline from The OnSIM eSIM or SiP service I get no Ringing on the Landline (ring sounds on calling phone).  When I dial 1471 it says I’ve been called but if I pick up the landline during a call I get a dial tone and can make calls.  So the call is being intercepted somewhere in the VM network and not being passed through.  

It previously worked fine.  Can I get this new fault escalated to the advanced team please as obviously it’s fairly important to call my own landline from my mobile and have it answered.   

To confirm it’s a very specific problem when calling my landline with is own number showing as Caller ID from mobile / SiP it no longer connects.  Dialing 1471 shows a call received and the landline has a dial tone during call attempts.   So seems like there’s some form off new blocking system 

12 REPLIES 12

pogit1
Up to speed

Additionally if call forwarding is set up on the VM landline the incoming OnSIM (with landline caller ID) is correctly forwarded so it very very specific not ringing within the home I’ve checked to make sure no call blocking on home phones is active and have removed all phones and used a simple phone so it’s definitely problem with the line / server side of things. 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pogit1,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your landline service. To clarify, it's only the one number that appears to be impacted? To your knowledge, all other incoming and outgoing calls work as they should?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yeah only the one number (caller id as its own number) 

Hi @pogit1,

Thanks for clarifying. So we can take a closer look I'm going to send you a private message shortly. Please answer this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Client62
Legend

This is number spoofing to the telephone platform that can detect it.

@client62 Yes I’m aware of spoofing but it’s not spoofing as ist legitimate use  of my own number with appropriate paperwork in place it did work fine until apparent recent changes at VM.   My thought are it’s being picked up as spoof then not being fully approved anymore at it works up to VM and call divert but not at the end point of my home. Call go through to all numbers including my home phone diversion line but my home property now when divert is inactive.  So I can call everyone but my own home number. I can understand a total block of it was spoofing. But it’s neither spoofing nor a total block. 

pogit1
Up to speed

Just wanted to update after speaking with a VM Network Tech today.  This seems to have happened since a recent forced change of hardware.  VM have had to remove Huawei from core infrastructure and as the network tech said the new system is not as easy to navigate/ understand as the Huawei on it may take some to work out what’s going on.  He thinks the call is getting as far as my Hub5 I personally don’t think it is but we will see.

Interestingly the local councils phone network seems to have been brought down by the same or same source issue which also happened when a previous complex issue I had occurred.

I know it wouldn’t happen to most people and this would never of happened if I didn’t have to secure my landline because of previous issues with it,  but the way I look at it is this at least I’m finding these bugs pretty quick and raising them before the cause major problems. 

also just to be clear this isn’t a call divert issue and some line one VM CAs seem to think it is.  Weirdly call divert works perfectly and isn’t affected by the hardware changes. 

Client62
Legend

We fully understand what you are doing with the Caller Id ... but why do this ?

Since upgrading my landline to digital I have had no end of problems,  I had the landline number for many years and it’s linked to many things including important medical things.  I was considering moving away from VM and saw OnSIM were did virtual land lines moving your landline number to a mobile so I started this process.  VM fixed the issues with the landline but I found that being able to divert the home phone to the second mobile eSIM  and call out from that sim with the landline number actually has many benefits and it’s worked very well until this recent change in VM network hardware which has a very unexpected effect of me not being able to call home.   One bonus is I can now set the landline to call me, email voice messages and or pass the call down a chain to say my wife, children if I don’t answer.  If none of us answer any of us can call back (if I have it active) with my landline caller ID.    So basically so have a landline at home when I want it or a virtual landline tree when I want it.  It’s actually great for elderly and vulnerable relatives as the only every have to dial my local landline number 6 digits and it will always get through and in reverse if I call them from home or mobile it always comes up as that number. 

VMO2 really need to understand the benefits of this tech as all their customer would love it.  Imagine all your family having their own Independant mobile numbers but also having the home landline on their mobiles (controlled by the master account) one of my biggest problems was the digital landline not working anywhere in my house now it works anywhere in the world on any device (with mobile data or WiFi).