cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virginmedia.com email account. request immediate closure

themadscotsman0
Joining in

I was a virgin media customer for a number of years but my contract was ended back in 2022

I was told my email account would remain active for around 90 days, but it is still an "active" email account and I urgently need it closed.

My email account has been compromised, with the hackers now having full access and I am currently receiving sign up emails for most of the social media platforms, new account applications for microsoft and ransom demands.

I have spoken with virgin media customer services but they are unable to close the email account due to no longer having a virgin media account with no option to change the login password and they have suggested waiting until the account is automatically closed

This is a rediculous situation from a security perspective. I want the account closed NOW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thats great news. Thank You very much Steven for your speedy assistance

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey themadscotsman0,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account.  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey themadscotsman0,

The team have come back to me and confirmed that your email address has now been removed from our servers and should no longer be active.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thats great news. Thank You very much Steven for your speedy assistance