cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verification codes not received at backup e-mail address

paulsdunford1
Joining in

I am trying to change my e-mail password in order to overcome a 'forbidden' message on a blank screen when I try to access my virgin e-mail, but the verification message is not being received at my backup e-mail address.  It puts me in an impossible position as I cannot access my virgin e-mail and I have critical e-mails concerning hospital appointments etc I am unable to access.

I need help to overcome the 'forbidden' message trying to access e-mail.  As the backup mail address is not receiving verification codes, any method that requires password changes is unavailable to me.

Urgent help required please..... and yes... I have checked Spam to see if the verification code messages are going to Spam.

6 REPLIES 6

paulsdunford1
Joining in

I need help to overcome the 'forbidden' message trying to access e-mail.  My backup mail address is not receiving verification codes, so any method that requires password changes to overcome the 'forbidden' issue is unavailable to me.  I have checked Inbox and Spam in the backup e-mail account many times over the course of an hour or more.  

Because I am unable to receive verification messages at the backup e-mail address I am unable to do anything at all regarding changes to passwords or any other action to help me rescue this situation.  As I have critical medical issues requiring access to my Virgin e-mail I am desperate to get the matter resolved.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

paulsdunford1
Joining in

I now seem to have lost access to Virgin Media, not just my Virgin e-mail account.  It appears my e-mail address is not recognised despite me having it for 25 years or so, and using it daily.

How can I get this resolved as it is having a major impact on everything from banking to medical issues.

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first question that the VM Forum Team will ask you is is the email address concerned connected to your current Virgin Media broadband account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi paulsdunford1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, is the Email address you no longer have access to registered to an active Virgin Media account?

Regards

Paul.

paulsdunford1
Joining in

I am unable to access e-mails sent with verification codes at my current 'backup' e-mail address to which verification codes are being sent.  They are not in Spam or Inbox folders.  I have contacted the e-mail host provider (Vodahost) and am told there is nothing that can be done.  How can I change the e-mail address where I should receive verification codes if I am unable to access that code in the first place?  Are there other ways to verify it is me?

Sorry if this is a repeated question linked to my general e-mail access problems at the moment, but perhaps this is at least a first step!

Thanks

Hi Paulsdunford1,

Thanks for coming back to us about this email issue you're experiencing, we can absolutely see how frustrating this must be 😥
I'd really like to take a closer look into this for you, so I'll send you a PM now in order to investigate further.

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L